Sunday, March 14, 2010

Dear France, let's be friends.



Me at the beach!



With my friend Jonatón






Some of the Americans



Chocolate sculptures :)


March 14, 2010:

I think I’m in love with France. Yes, it is a pretty certain fact. Although the forecast for Saturday in Biarritz was 80% rain, there wasn’t a cloud in the sky the entire day. It was amazingly beautiful! My friends Jane and Fernanda came with me and the group from Florida and several Spaniards. We very Americanly split into groups of 10-15 people and shared cell phone numbers and meeting times. On Spanish trips, they just say, “The bus is going back to Pamplona at this time on this day, so be here.” Haha.

We walked around and saw a lighthouse and lots of pretty coastline. There were tons of people wearing almost nothing and sunbathing, despite the fact that it was around 48 degrees. I was wearing a jacket and a wool scarf, but to each his own! We visited the chocolate museum, which was really interesting. We saw a video of how cocoa trees grow, and I remember seeing them and trying the chocolate seeds when I was in Brazil when I was younger. The chocolate samples were amazing, and I had to seriously restrain myself from leaving that place with 40 Euros worth of beautiful chocolates.

All in all, I enjoyed the day in France, and I hope to go back one day soon. Maybe when it’s a little warmer, say in the 60s or so, and I can actually sunbathe, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment